Happy Mother's Day!
Happy Mother’s Day to all the mamas! What a special day in celebration of you! We are so thrilled to be sharing this day with our community of special, sassy, supportive and make-the-world-go-around mamas! Today, we’ve rounded up a few reads for some extra snuggles and a one-bowl chocolate cake recipe that your little ones will love making for you! Here goes –
Below is our pick of snuggle worthy reads with your little ones this Mother’s Day.
- You Are My I Love You by Mary Cusimano Love & Satomi Ichikawa is delightful for the youngest ones.
- That’s Me Loving You by Amy Krouse Rosenthal & Teagan White – we love the lyrical prose and warm illustrations in this treasure.
- I Love You Stinky Face by Lisa McCourt & Cyd Moore is great for a laugh with your kiddos and will give you all the warm and fuzzies!
- Bread and Honey by Frank Asch is one of our favorites (we think you’ll love it too) and an absolute heart-melter!
We also urge you to try this one-bowl chocolate indulgence, adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Eggless Chocolate Cake recipe. It comes together in a food processor or blender, is quick and easy to make, absolutely scrumptious and the generous use of nuts in the batter makes it a wholesome treat. The kids will love whipping this up for your special treat!
Eggless Chocolate Cake (adapted from Jamie Oliver)
Ingredients2 cups mixed nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts)
1 cup semi or bittersweet chocolate chips
1 ¾ sticks unsalted butter (soft)
1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
¾ cup milk
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
- Process the nuts in a food processor or blender till they are powder consistency
- Add chocolate chips and continue processing
- Add butter, flour, baking powder, salt and milk
- Finally add sugar and keep the processor on for a few seconds more till everything is well mixed
- Scrape the batter down and pour in a 9 in square or round greased tin
- Bake at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 20-25min depending on how fudgy or formed you’d like
- Cool and serve with your choice of toppings, fresh fruit or lightly sweetened yogurt of whipped cream
And don’t forget to shop our Mother’s Day sale! 20% off sitewide and Free Shipping with code: MOMS. We hope you’ll equally enjoy shopping for and surprising your little one with a twirly dress or a breezy top. Good for all summer fun!
Wishing you a day full of laughter and sunshine. From everyone at Beet World, Happy Mother’s Day!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.